We live in an increasingly connected world of shifting environments, agility, and innovation. As customers, workers, and partners continue to relate to organisations in new ways, it becomes especially important to react to this age of increased connectivity by understanding how people interact and adopt a specific focus to keep up with the changing face of business. However, it can be difficult to intuitively know how to realign your business practices in a modern, interconnected world.
In my opinion, there is no better way to help you in re-orienting your digital leadership in the best possible direction than by learning from the success and mistakes of others. It’s also important to note that you needn’t manage staff to develop as a leader; in fact it can be even more beneficial to extend your leadership knowledge before you pick up undesirable habits.
The collection below features some of my favourite leadership books to boost your leadership and innovation:
- Born Digital: Understanding the First Generation of Digital Natives
- It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens
- Blended: Using Disruptive Innovation to Improve Schools
- Blueprint for Tomorrow: Redesigning Schools for Student-Centered Learning
- Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
- Public Parts: How Sharing in the Digital Age Improves the Way We Work and Live
- The Big Moo: Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
These texts don’t have all the answers but they start a journey of discovery that you can use to deliver better results in various business environments.
What are your favourite books on leadership and innovation? Feel free to share them below.